Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Blue...bear...y

 The location Jean and I have in the festival is really a good one. And right from the back of our tents, we have this beautiful blue view of Whitefish Bay. The land you can see out there is Canada.
whitefish bay from paradise michigan


I keep trying to get some good pictures of Jean interacting with people at her booth. This one isn't bad.
two children looking at a book


The man playing guitar and singing here is a regular at the Wild Blueberry Festival. He is really great with the kids. He had a whole bunch of them singing and dancing and talking into the mic.
entertainer with children dancing


I figured I should have my blue-bear-y face hole board picture taken. These are also called "comic foregrounds." Did you know that?
blue bear face hole board
Here's my best story from the event so far. A lady came to my table and said she liked mysteries, especially the Joe Pickett novels, which I also love. So I responded and asked if she had discovered the Mike Bowditch series. (One is a game warden in Wyoming, and the other is a game warden in Maine.) She also knew that one and she began asking about the mysteries I was selling. I clarified that they aren't thrillers, but are classic murder mysteries. She thought she'd buy a couple, and then found out that there is a price break if she bought 4 or more, so she decided to buy the whole series. She was getting out her credit card, and I was collecting the set. She asked me, " But, do YOU like this series?" I did a bit of a double take. I said, "Well, I wrote them, so... yes." Then she did the double take!

She still bought them all.

It was another good sales day. Neither Jean nor I are quite as tuckered out as yesterday, but we are again chilling with a book for the evening. We do this for one more day.

See Chickens and Puppets

No comments: