Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Two Moderate Successes

 Two of the plants I'm trying to get to grow in my gardens are alive. I won't call say, "and well," because they are struggling, but there is hope, and neither one cost me money, so, hey.

First is the Anise Hyssop. This hitchhiked here with a plant from Betsy. I moved that one, and it bloomed, although the flowers aren't in focus. And the flowers are very small.
anise hyssop


Betsy gave me a second stalk of it this year, and it lived, but no flowers.
anise hyssop


You may remember that I was trying to get the Bigbract Verbena to grow in the rock garden. Well, it's alive. It's certainly not as lush as in the cracks in the paved road shoulder. Maybe it needs more harsh treatment.


And a freebie... an attractive camo grassphopper! S/he's not very big, but is an adult because it has wings.
grasshopper


I edited quite a lot today, did laundry and am working on the maps for the hike. It's a huge job, and I really shouldn't have left it this late.

See Bigbract Verbena

No comments: