Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Focused on Food


cooking on Coleman stove

Up at 5 am... but I'm not on that schedule, so of course I lay in bed awake till 2:30. Bummer. But I got to the campsite in time to put out breakfast and cook scrambled eggs to go with the bacon and biscuits.

See today's projects below:
spaghetti

Enough spaghetti for an army... this is not all of it. We may have that twice!
muffins

Morning Glory Muffins, with Zucchini Walnut hiding underneath
cereal

A powdered cereal mix for morning. I'm off to the trenches very soon! Of course my desktop computer decided that this was a perfect time to crash, Crash, CRASH! So that has to go to the shop first. I played with it Saturday till I had done all I know how to do.



8 comments:

Ann said...

everything looks delicious. Too bad about the computer.

The Retired One said...

My computer crashed in December..it is traumatic!!!! Hope you get all the info back that you had on it when it crashed...

Lin said...

Oh no! I hate when the computer quits on you. Ugh. Hope you get it fixed soon.

I love cooking outdoors like that. Everything just tastes better, doesn't it?

rainfield61 said...

I thought you have your computer as the breakfirst.

Secondary Roads said...

That food sure looks good. One of those muffins would be perfect with my coffee.

Sorry about the computer. Mine started locking up the other day. It was the video card.

betchai said...

everything looks so yummy, though i am craving for spaghetti now :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

I hate when computers crash. I wish you good luck with it.

RNSANE said...

Just what you need in the midst of all that cooking, a computer crash.

Pass me a plate of spaghetti, please.