Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Munchin' In the Rain


fawn

Remember the doe who enjoyed apple leaf salad in my yard? Well, she has been accompanied each trip through my lawn by two fawns, but I couldn't seem to get good pictures of them. Yesterday the fawns came alone. It rained hard all day, but once again you can't tell in the pictures!
fawn

Are you talkin' to me?
fawn

Aren't I just the cutest thing?


See Damp Dinner


11 comments:

betchai said...

yeah, the very cutest thing, wonderful captures Sharkbytes, the images are so clear and vivid.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Wonderful to see, great photos of beautiful creatures.

rainfield61 said...

It is so good to be able to talk to a deer.

Ann said...

Cutest thing for sure. What a nice treat to go with the rain.

Secondary Roads said...

They are cute indeed, and they're getting quite big.

The Retired One said...

They sure ARE darling!!

spinninglovelydays said...

You're so lucky to get deer in your backyard. And baby ones are so cute!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I love seeing deer so close, and especially fawns. These animals always seem so gentle and innocent.

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- it's so strange that they are clear- it was pouring!

Carol- I'd feel they were more wonderful if we had just a few less.

Rainfield- I said hi, but they only ran away.

Ann- they are cute... such a conflict... cuteness vs the damage they do

Chuck- they are big. I'm surprised they still have spots.

Joan- all that cuteness knows where to clear my gardens now!

Ivy- the babies are cute, just little marauders too

Ratty- haha - SEEM to be innocent as they eat my hosta!

RNSANE said...

Oh, my goodness, Joan, they are such lovely little creatures, you could just cuddle them. I'm sure they wouldn't hold still for it and mama might come out in a hurry, too.

Has the rain cooled things off a bit for you?

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- Those sharp little hooves aren't cuddly... the rain was cooling only for the one day that it poured. But this week is supposed to be better.