Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Choirs of Trees


I'm too tired to function, so will just post and go to bed. Sorry, I'm not responding to comments. Maybe I can get caught up tomorrow.

Just two groups of trees from my ramblings of the day (paper route and then my own job).

tree-lined road

I think the one above is a cathedral choir, but the one below is all gospel, don't you think?

scotch pine in a line





12 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous tree shots. I especially like the gospel choir :)
Get some rest and don't worry about the comments.

betchai said...

oh, these are wonderful tree shots Sharkbytes, it draws your eyes deeper and deeper into the picture.

Unknown said...

The one above is surely the magical pathway that leads into a golden land anthology or fairytale book holding millions of secret adventures all waiting to be discovered. The one below is the soft footed trail with the song of the insects competing with the woodland birds.
How would you choose which you preferred? If you go one way then you will surely dream about the other!

spinninglovelydays said...

Tree choirs! I love the idea! I usually enjoy listening to gospel choirs more, but when it comes to pictures of trees, I think I like both equally.

Btw, got your book. I love it! Thanks again!

http://www.spinninglovelydays.com/2011/06/my-prize-from-sharkbytes-birthday.html

Arnel Syjuco Oroceo said...

Hi Sharkbytes, they are nice tree shots! I hope we can preserve more of those kind of trees for greener earth...

rainfield61 said...

The gospel trees look very unique.

Secondary Roads said...

I had pines like your "gospel choir" at a former home. My dad said it looked like coddling moth had gotten to the growth leader. I often wondered if someone had pruned those pines when they were about 6-ft high.

vanilla said...

That is a very clever analogies. And I like the pictures.

spotted face said...

I do like the gospel choir, but have to admit my preference for trails through tall straight pines.

Great pics and thank you for sharing.

vanilla said...

Excuse the grammar. Editing glitch.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Hallelujah - wonderful shots

RNSANE said...

What fabulous trees. That is one thing I miss about the South. Vast vistas of trees everywhere, pines,dogwods, huge oaks, giant magnolias. It's not the same here in the urban areas, of course!