I did it all today, and I'm going to drag you along rather than pick one thing.
I spent about three hours in my flower beds. I know... it really doesn't look like much of a garden. But I am enjoying finding what's still alive. There will be another story eventually about the bare stalks in the middle.
While I was working out there, I also found these:
I've spent a lot of time hunting for what they might be. My best guess is the eggs of the milkweed bugs that I showed you last summer. If so, they are close to hatching. They start out more yellow and become deeper orange as they approach hatching. Maybe I can take a picture every day and figure it out.
My next goal was to make a double batch of rhubarb muffins, and Om helped with that project. It looks like they have frosting. It's only a little butter-sugar crumbly topping, but it really reflected the light, I guess. Most of them are already in the freezer. To accomplish that storage feat, I had to get a new toy.
My vacuum sealer was really and truly dead. The hot sealing bar no longer would heat. As we were getting ready to make the muffins, I discovered that we were out of brown sugar and that Om had just drunk the last of the milk! So I made a run to Meijer, and hopefully got all my groceries for the week too (I HATE shopping). I decided that I'd get a new sealer. I use it all the time, and we like to seal the muffins in cheap sandwich bags before stacking in a Tupperware box. It keeps them from drying out so much.
Who knew! They now make a deluxe model as well as the regular one. I stood there and read the boxes and wondered if it was worth the extra money. In the end, I bought the one with more features. I really use this gadget a lot, so perhaps more options will be worth it. I'm sure I'll do a review on Shared Reviews after I use it a little more.
Not a very focused post, but a very productive day! Thanks for coming along.
|See Another Orange Bug for the Milkweed Bug|