If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Red-Spotted Purple Admiral


red-spotted purple admiral integrade

I have to get to bed- day 3 of paper route coming up. Here's a lovely Red-Spotted Purple Admiral butterfly intergrade. It's known as an intergrade between the White Admiral and the true Red-Spotted Purple Admiral. Scientific name is Limenitis arthemis astyanax.



10 comments:

RNSANE said...

Now give me that beauty over a tarantula any day of the week!

John | Daily Photo said...

Beautiful :-) Butterflies rarely stay still long enough for me to get a photo :-(

Karen and Gerard said...

Great butterfly picture--they are very pretty! I don't see too many around here.

vanilla said...

Beautiful. I like that you posed it against the pine needle background.

Jean said...

Thanks for the info and the fine photo!

jakill said...

Great shot.

Sandy said...

Beautiful, makes me think of my brother as a kid butterflies were everywhere and he loved them, chased them, collected them, studied them while everyone else was playing baseball.
You're a paper boy/person now?

Ann said...

it's beautiful, nice shot

Interesting Pictures said...

nice capture

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

carmen- yes, the colors are definitely better!

John- I get lucky once in a while

Karen- that's sad- many butterfly species are in trouble, but I wonder why you don't see many at all

vanilla- yes, I worked really hard on that... and the lighting too. hahahahaha

Jean- it's the two halves of my brain- love the beauty, but have to know what it is

Jean- thank you- the butterfly cooperated by holding still

Sandy- childhood collections often lead to adult professions- papers are hubby's job- he's off for his yearly vacation

Ann- i do love the colors in this one.

hi IP- thank you

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin