Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Just a Spot of Color

 
Nothing went quite right today. Nothing went really wrong, either- no major complaints. But here I am nearly at bedtime, and I don't have any picture from today. I decided I could use a spot of color myself, so went hunting for a summer garden flower.

This is a tiny hosta that my friend Ester gave me years ago. It spreads like wildfire- a good thing in my rotten soil. I love the bloom, as it is a darker purple than most hostas.

Each leaf is only about two inches long.

hosta
I have quite a few hostas, but my garden has been neglected terribly the past few years. Maybe I'll get the bug in 2013. It can be quite nicebetter than a messy weed patch when it's cleaned up.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

7 comments:

dylann andre said...

It is nice sometime that you have nothing to do or think of coz by that time you may notice things that you didn't expect to see how nice or beautifuk they are. This is mean that you should always look at your back to know who you really are.

dylann andre said...

It is nice sometime that you have nothing to do or think of coz by that time you may notice things that you didn't expect to see how nice or beautifuk they are. This is mean that you should always look at your back to know who you really are.

Secondary Roads said...

The call of the trail is more to the wild side than the domestic? That is understandable. Isn't it?

vanilla said...

A spot of color this morning is the very ticket, for when I look out the window I see too much white.

Ann said...

I've always liked hostas but never had much luck with them until I brought one here from Wade's house when we got married. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has neglected my flower beds. I just haven't had the interest in gardening the last couple years

Sharkbytes said...

dylann- I like this little flower, because it is easy to miss unless you pay attention.

Chuck- I think you have figured it out exactly

vanilla- I don't mind the white, but we are in between with not enough white to play in

Ann- yes that is my condition exactly.

Elizabeth said...

I hate those kind of days, they're not bad, but they're not good. Intentionally looking for something beautiful was a great idea.
I understand the garden thing. I didn't plant a veggie garden this year so that all became a giant weed patch. And the rest of the garden looks quite raggedy too.