Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wood and Water

 
Today was a work day. These are my favorite shots. Nothing spectacular, but very satisfying.

First is an oak tree with a wetland space behind it. I like the subtle shades of color in the vegetation of the wetland.

oak tree

Later, I was beside Hamlin Lake. Lots more water, lots less wood. Nothing on that shore but some shrubs.

lake

I didn't even think about the connection between the two pictures until I was checking shots from the day.

Supposed to be a nice weekend. I have plans!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

betchai said...

the almost barren tree speaks so much character, love the picture.

vanilla said...

The subtle colors as background: very nice.

Secondary Roads said...

An interesting contrast and yet balance between the two images.

rainfield61 said...

Suppose to be a wonderful weekend.

And I am eager waiting for it.

Ann said...

both very nice shots. Hope you have enjoyable plans for the weekend

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- What a compliment, coming from you!

vanilla- I tend to like bright colors, but sometimes the heathery tones are nice too

Chuck- I think my subconscious must have been at work when I took them

rainfield- I'm sure you'll be walking too!

Ann- The plans are good, the weather looks great. Hoping for some awesome pix too.