Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wood and Water

 
Today was a work day. These are my favorite shots. Nothing spectacular, but very satisfying.

First is an oak tree with a wetland space behind it. I like the subtle shades of color in the vegetation of the wetland.

oak tree

Later, I was beside Hamlin Lake. Lots more water, lots less wood. Nothing on that shore but some shrubs.

lake

I didn't even think about the connection between the two pictures until I was checking shots from the day.

Supposed to be a nice weekend. I have plans!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

betchai said...

the almost barren tree speaks so much character, love the picture.

vanilla said...

The subtle colors as background: very nice.

Secondary Roads said...

An interesting contrast and yet balance between the two images.

rainfield61 said...

Suppose to be a wonderful weekend.

And I am eager waiting for it.

Ann said...

both very nice shots. Hope you have enjoyable plans for the weekend

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- What a compliment, coming from you!

vanilla- I tend to like bright colors, but sometimes the heathery tones are nice too

Chuck- I think my subconscious must have been at work when I took them

rainfield- I'm sure you'll be walking too!

Ann- The plans are good, the weather looks great. Hoping for some awesome pix too.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin