Well, about all I did today was vote and cover the well pit. I had ideas of other tasks, but I turned into a slug after this job was done.
On Sunday, I drew up plans for a nice cover with a roof and entrance hatch. Then I figured out what it would cost. Hmmm.
The previous cover was just plywood. I thought it had foam insulation, too. It SHOULD have had foam. Freezing the pump is very bad.
Here's the ugly mess. Just a flat space with an accompanying pile of rotted wood and foam from previous covers.
All I did was put two inches of foam on the whole thing (this foil backed foam was on sale- that was awesome!)
Then I covered the whole thing with heavy plastic and anchored it with rocks and cement blocks.
That's about as non-technical of a project as you can imagine. But it's done. Oh yeah, I washed three sinks-full of dishes. They do pile up when there's not easy water.
|See Thankful for Water|
|if you like this blog, click the +1 |