Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Where Should I Put the Mouse Bait?

 
You may remember we had a little mouse problem. Well, it's fall, and all the cousins of that family are coming inside to get out of the cold. So, we've heard the pitter-patter of little feet, and other scatological signs.

I still had several blocks of the poison I bought about a month ago, and I've been contemplating where the best place to put them might be. I discovered that the mice really, really like them, and chewed the blocks to bits making quite a mess, so I didn't want to put them in the pantry or other places where I would need to wipe up crumbs of leftover poison.

Today I opened the drawer where I had put the rest of the package, to count how many blocks were still in the package. I guess I don't need to worry about where to put them.

D-con

Can't tell what I'm talking about? Look closer.

D-con

The mice have helped themselves, and self-medicated. No wonder Om already found one dead one in the kitchen.

See A Tale of Six Mice
if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

Shelly said...

I wonder what flavor it is to attract these critters.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Secondary Roads said...

That problem was easily solved. I heard one here the other day and realized how much I miss my kitty.

Ann said...

looks like they were dieing to get in there :)

Elizabeth said...

Anyone who doesn't like mice is a friend of mine!
We get visitors of that type every couple of years when the weather starts to cool. This year they didn't make it inside, but did start a family in the shed, using my garden gloves to help make the nest. Double yuck.

Sharkbytes said...

Shelly- They don't seem to come in flavors, but they really liked these blocks. The first two I put out were demolished in a day. And as you can see, I didn't even have to put the rest out.

Chuck- I miss Midnight too, and I didn't even get to meet him. Bummer.

Ann- they are dying now!

Elizabeth- I love them outside, but I have rules about in the pantry!

John Sealander said...

We used to have problems with mice until a lot of feral cats moved into the neighborhood. Now, the cats eat them before they have a chance to get inside...