Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Where Should I Put the Mouse Bait?

 
You may remember we had a little mouse problem. Well, it's fall, and all the cousins of that family are coming inside to get out of the cold. So, we've heard the pitter-patter of little feet, and other scatological signs.

I still had several blocks of the poison I bought about a month ago, and I've been contemplating where the best place to put them might be. I discovered that the mice really, really like them, and chewed the blocks to bits making quite a mess, so I didn't want to put them in the pantry or other places where I would need to wipe up crumbs of leftover poison.

Today I opened the drawer where I had put the rest of the package, to count how many blocks were still in the package. I guess I don't need to worry about where to put them.

D-con

Can't tell what I'm talking about? Look closer.

D-con

The mice have helped themselves, and self-medicated. No wonder Om already found one dead one in the kitchen.

See A Tale of Six Mice
if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

Shelly said...

I wonder what flavor it is to attract these critters.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Secondary Roads said...

That problem was easily solved. I heard one here the other day and realized how much I miss my kitty.

Ann said...

looks like they were dieing to get in there :)

Elizabeth said...

Anyone who doesn't like mice is a friend of mine!
We get visitors of that type every couple of years when the weather starts to cool. This year they didn't make it inside, but did start a family in the shed, using my garden gloves to help make the nest. Double yuck.

Sharkbytes said...

Shelly- They don't seem to come in flavors, but they really liked these blocks. The first two I put out were demolished in a day. And as you can see, I didn't even have to put the rest out.

Chuck- I miss Midnight too, and I didn't even get to meet him. Bummer.

Ann- they are dying now!

Elizabeth- I love them outside, but I have rules about in the pantry!

John Sealander said...

We used to have problems with mice until a lot of feral cats moved into the neighborhood. Now, the cats eat them before they have a chance to get inside...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin