Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. The most recent issue contained Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Crosshatched

 
I'm always on the lookout for something different on my walk out back that I take almost every day. It's a challenge.

And yet... I never before noticed how the branches of this red pine bend down while those of the maple angle upward, creating a crosshatched pattern. I like it!

crosshatched branches

I like it even better in the negative. So, you could say that the negative is positive.

crosshatched branches

Quiet day. Work, then read a book. Works for me.

See Cradle of Twilight
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That's beautiful. A couple of days ago, I caught a documentary on fractals. It is amazing how that branch of mathematics can describe the patterns of nature. Also amazing how it scales up and down. They showed how from a single tree you could predict the contents of a rain forest and the amount of CO2 that it consumes.

Ann said...

Well how about that. I think in the negative it's more noticeable,

Joe Todd said...

Pretty neat

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- that sounds like it would have been a great show.

Ann- yes, I did too.

Joe- Hi! Nice to see you. The odd thing is that I'd never noticed it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin