Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Crosshatched

 
I'm always on the lookout for something different on my walk out back that I take almost every day. It's a challenge.

And yet... I never before noticed how the branches of this red pine bend down while those of the maple angle upward, creating a crosshatched pattern. I like it!

crosshatched branches

I like it even better in the negative. So, you could say that the negative is positive.

crosshatched branches

Quiet day. Work, then read a book. Works for me.

See Cradle of Twilight
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That's beautiful. A couple of days ago, I caught a documentary on fractals. It is amazing how that branch of mathematics can describe the patterns of nature. Also amazing how it scales up and down. They showed how from a single tree you could predict the contents of a rain forest and the amount of CO2 that it consumes.

Ann said...

Well how about that. I think in the negative it's more noticeable,

Joe Todd said...

Pretty neat

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- that sounds like it would have been a great show.

Ann- yes, I did too.

Joe- Hi! Nice to see you. The odd thing is that I'd never noticed it.