Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Eagles

 
No joke this time (the last time, almost exactly a year ago, I was pulling your leg). I was driving down the road today and saw a really large bird flying ahead of me.

eagle

Then the tail showed, and I knew I was chasing an eagle. It settled in a tree.

eagle

The crows showed up and started harassing the eagle, so they all flew to another tree, where there was a second eagle.

eagle

eagle

I watched them for a while, but the crows chased one of them off again.

eagle

Just a nice interlude in the middle of a work day.


See A Tree Full of Eagles
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

We saw an Eagle too the other day.

Secondary Roads said...

This kind of makes me glad that Ben Franklin lost his bid to make our national bird the turkey. Some folks, however, might argue that it would be more appropriate these days.

Ann said...

fantastic sighting.

Joyce said...

What a spectacular incident! Heck, I was thrilled when a ladybug landed on me once!