Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Moss, But It's Green, and Two Month Reports

 

One more picture to share from my Bowman Lake adventure. I love how GREEN the moss is.

moss

And now... drum roll... I know you've all been waiting to see how poorly I did on THE LIST.

It seemed like there were too many interesting things happening at the end of January to break them up with a goal report, so now you get two months lumped together. I'm not overly proud of this, but I did a few things.

54 in 300, report on day 128
NumberCategoryItemJan & FebTotal
1WRITINGbegin working on North Country Quest againworked more on Chapter 1- "Meanders and Undulations"still about 5 chapters done
2WRITINGedit Kiss of the Butterfly, submit for publicationnothingnothing
3WRITING100 NC History pagesnothingjust the planning in Nov
4WRITINGblog about 8 wild foodsnonenone
5WRITINGfinish Dead Mule Swamp Druggistchapters 23-268 chapters added
6WRITINGdo 10 book promotion things2 sold books at Your Story on Stage, and Authorpalooza in Big Rapids6
7WRITINGwriting schedule day 50 times0 (this doesn't mean I didn't write, but this refers to a particular disciplined schedule, and I didn't do any)9
8WRITING5 entries in Off the Sanctuary Wallnonenone
9WRITINGpursue a contract I can't name yetfollow up contactno results
10WRITINGtalk to 5 bookstores about carrying mysteriesnonenone
11HOUSEfix kitchen drawerDONEDONE
12HOUSEcut down 5 autumn olive treesnonenone
13HOUSEclean refrigerator twice11, and had to wash out spilled mulberry syrup in the freezer
14HOUSEreplace kitchen faucetnothingnothing
15HOUSEget lawnmower fixednothingnothing
16HOUSEclean terracenothingnothing
17HOUSEkitchen light electric boxnothingnothing
18HOUSEreplace faucet by washing machinenothingnothing
19HOUSEput away model railroad stuffnonenone
20HOUSEspend 10 hours sorting books12
21FITNESSincrease to 30 pushups23increase of 2 since December
22FITNESSincrease to 100 jumping jacks70increase of 5 since December
23FITNESSincrease to 2 min planking70 secno increase
24FITNESSwalk, bike, ski or snowshoe 200 times2949, better
25HIKINGNCT Hike 100 Challenge for 20169total of 9 miles on two SPW hikes
26HIKINGvisit 5 new MI counties to explore trailsnonenone
27HIKINGhike 100 more miles of the Buckeye Trailnonenext spring
28HIKINGclear my trail better0total of 13 days, wrong season now
29PERSONALSavings Goaladded some75% to goal
30PERSONALFinancial Goal #2nothingnothing
31PERSONALlose 10 pounds0I'm back to where I was when I started this which means I lost 1 from Dec
32PERSONALplay music 50 times814
33PERSONALother #1 (200 times)2734, better
34PERSONALother #201, not on track
35MISCmake 21 quarts juice07 total
36MISCtry 10 new wild foodsnonenone
37MISCsome genealogy stuffnothingnothing
38MISC100 more pix on Shark Shotsnonenone
39MISC2 photo cards documentednothingnothing, but backing up important stuff on line
40MISCgive 10 gifts from my kitchen13
41MISCeat at Brenda's Burgerswith EsterDONE
42MISCeat at Country Crittersnothingbut I'd better, because it's for sale
43MISCtake my trailer on 2 tripsnonenone
44MISCfinish monkey booties1one pair done, one to go
45MISCget two programs NCT and Kitchen Sinktentative contactsprobably one for April 2017
46MISCget rid of 100 things18
47MISCread or listen to 100 books25
Best one in Jan was The Wrong Man by James Neff, a reporter who looks into the Sam Shepherd murder case and convincingly points to the true killer of Shepherd's wife.
Best on in Feb was The Ghost Map, by Steven Johnson, a narrative of the great cholera epidemic of London in 1854
34
48MISCmove NCC from Josh's garagenothingnothing
49MISCshort bios of 5 relativesnonenone
50MISCsort my fabricnothingnothing
51MISCdo something inside my trailernothingnothing
52MISCadd 50 things to family heritage listnonenone
53MISCsome VCR tapes to DVDnonenone
54MISCsome cassette tapes to CDnonenone

See December Report
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That moss is probably still green, but being buried beneath a blanket of white stuff. That's happening around here.

David Castro-Diephouse said...

This reminds me rather depressingly of my list. On to the 2014 taxes... Missing you in Flower Show country!

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- yes, we got about 4-6 inches. But it won't last.

Dave- I know.... I'm sorry not to come, but some things just have to be.