Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Meet James

 
Tonight I got to meet James, who is thru-hiking the North Country Trail. Oh yeah, and that right after he hiked the Appalachian Trail, and made a detour to see the Atlantic Ocean (on foot), and walked from Maine to New Hampshire and down the Long Trail to get to the NCT because it would have been boring to backtrack on the AT. You get the drift. He's a hiker.

James Lunning

I picked him up at the end of his trail day and took him to his aunt's house. Then I got to pick his brain so I can write about him for my newspaper column. He was gracious to let me do that before he even got to eat dinner.

Wish we could have talked longer, and I could have hiked with him, but I had to get home because I work again tomorrow. Hope to meet up with him some time in the future.


See four NCT End-to-Enders
See Luke Jordan, E2Eer
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Sure made for an interesting day. He seems like a very interesting fellow.

Ann said...

sounds like he's put on quite a few miles

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- he is... I'm glad I made the effort to go find him. Don't like to post much stuff in the blog that will be in the news column, so I kept it short.

Ann- an amazing number.