Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

More of Sylvia's Neighbors

 
Although the lambs were the big hit of the walk Sylvia and I took on Monday, we were surely entertained by other neighbors of hers.

I'll present them in the order we met them. First, the very friendly goats who came right over and demanded grass from the other side of the fence. We complied.

goats

Next were the cows. They weren't all that interested in us, but the calf was a little curious.

calf

Oddly enough, the horse was also uninterested.

horse

The black sheep of this family sure didn't think of himself as an outcast.

sheep

And his little white goat buddy decided to walk with us till he ran out of pasture.

goat

The sky was blue and there was almost no snow that day. Chuck says they are now all white again. We sure are here! But who knew that I'd only have to go a few miles south of me to have a mini-spring vacation. It was great!

I got extra work hours tomorrow, so I'm going to bed early after I make a salad. We have a party tomorrow too.

See Lambs
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

You had a beautiful for a walk. B E U T full!

Ann said...

you met some fine friends along the way. That last goat is a real cutie.
We had snow this morning but by the time I left work the sun was out and the snow had all melted off

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- we sure did! A little taste of almost springtime.

Ann- we are back in deep snow again. That's OK, it's February!