Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Sound of Music

 
Don't even suggest that we should have made a video for you. This all comes under the heading of "make a joyful noise unto the Lord," rather than something of performance quality.

guitar and accordion

But, gosh! We had a good time. We sang and played until throats, fingertips, and arms were all done.

accordion

Chuck and Sylvia actually claim to enjoy listening to me fracture songs on the accordion. As difficult as this is to believe, they haven't thrown me out the door yet.

Meanwhile, Sylvia's secret pal gave her hyacinths. What a lovely whiff of springtime whenever we walked past the planter!

hyacinths

Now, I'm home again, and will head back to work in the morning, but much refreshed. Aren't friends great?

See Time For Friends
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! You play the accordian! I'm impressed!

Secondary Roads said...

Friends are the very best! Good friends are the bestest.

We do love to hear you play. It reminds of Sylvia's dad who also played . . . but not as well as you do.

Ann said...

I was wondering if you two would be taking your act out on the road :) I love the smell of hyacinths

Lin said...

Can I join the band?? I can sing...not well...but LOUD. ;)

What a great winter outing! How nice that you could all get together like that.

Sharkbytes said...

Furry- since I was 4!

Chuck- I just shake my head in wonder, but you make me happy

Ann- a VERY back road

Lin- those are our qualifications. You would fit right in as long as you like hymns and folk songs