Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - Yellow

 
Yellow is one of my two favorite colors, and I sure enjoyed the sunny displays at the 2019 Philadelphia Flower Show.

This is one part of a huge commercial exhibit by Flowers by David. Not so much in this particular arrangement, but they combined the yellow with salmon pink, which sounds awful to me, but it really looked beautiful together.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow

Back to the World Cup exhibits. This is just part of one of the arrangements by Russia, but I like how light and airy it looks- like sunshine.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow

Pocket Gardens was another category of competitions in the Standard Flower Show. They were supposed to be on the theme of healing herbs. This one tied for the blue ribbon. It's called "Celestial Garden of Healing." The judges used words like "clever... detail... unusual herbs."

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow

Here's another piece from the Czech World Cup entry. I like how natural it looks. I can imagine a trellis at the end of a porch.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow

Back to the pocket gardens, with the other first place entry. This one was my favorite pocket garden. I liked how everything tied together. It's called "Cascading Sunlight." Judges used words like "exuberant... exciting... powerful."

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow
Today, I'll bring you an orchid. Can you believe I'm not so crazy about orchids? They get so much attention from the whole world... maybe I just like the underdogs because they get less recognition. But this one sure is yellow! It's a Cattlianthe Blazing Sun.

Philadelphia Flower Show 2019 - yellow

Here, it was gray all day, but just a bit ago, that yellow ball in the sky showed up. I didn't walk at all again today. A friend called and wanted to go to lunch so I did that and some errands. Worked on tape notes this morning, and stuff for the North Star magazine after I got home.

The new motor on the furnace pump is really noisy. Bummer. Debating whether to complain about it. For what it cost one might expect it to be quieter.

See Orange
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Ann said...

These are all nice. I need more yellow in my house. It was mostly cloudy here yesterday with just a hint of sunshine