Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 12, 2023

Little Manistee - Day 424


Cathy and I did some miles that count for THE hike. She hiked with me the very first day, and then a few miles in Marquette, and she hopes to do the final day with me. We might manage to squeeze in one of the few remaining days I have in the Manistee NF, too.
hikers


Some of you may recognize the sign board behind us. We did the section that goes through Big M, the Udell Hills. This is the intersection with the Sky Pilot Trail. Yes, we know the NCT blazing is bad here in particular and all through this section. I think it's on the priority to-do list for this summer. One of the great things about Big M is there are so many trails, you can do all sorts of interesting loops. Here's one I did a couple of years ago. We are contemplating some interesting loop for next week.
two trails


And we ended at the Little Manistee River. The trail has left the course of the Manistee, but we're not yet away from its tributaries.
Little Manistee River


In other news: I paid money to get a phone that isn't going to be dead as soon as I buy it. Of course, it looks as if some of the apps aren't going to transfer correctly. I also bought groceries. That's a shocker right there. I may have to get a "real" job to be able to eat.

Miles today: 6.7. Total miles so far: 4681.6.

See A New Direction

No comments: