Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

What Happened with the Basement?


Remember the disaster at the end of January when the basement flooded?
We decided to put down cheap carpeting instead of some kind of hard flooring. Om and a couple of friends got this done while I was off hiking. Even cheap carpet feels better than 30 year old second-hand carpet! And it looks great.
carpeted basement


The need to move absolutely everything that was down there forced us to do more sorting. This is really Om's space, and he had already done a lot of work along those lines, but there is even more stuff. We've been working on it. Now that I'm home, I need to go through some mixed piles that were really mine.
carpeted basement


Om knows how to force me into some action on the project. He's got it all piled in the space I need to access my sewing machine!

This Saturday is the township cleanup day, and we plan to take a trailer-load of stuff that we pulled out of this area, including a dead pull-out couch and all the old carpet. I'm looking for a used futon to replace that seating/sleeping option.

See Not the Day I Planned

4 comments:

Ann said...

Looking good. I still need to do some sorting out around here. Can Om come here and get me moving into action?...lol

Doug said...

Oh my! A circular staircase, that must be a challenge to haul stuff up and down.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Oona: "SPIRAL STAIRCASE!!! GOOD FOR RUNNING UP AND DOWN LIKE A LUNATIC!!!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- he's brutal!

Doug- the big stuff goes outside and up and down.

Oona- it would be great for kittie lunatiks. Doggos didn't like it very much.