Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 22, 2023

Better than Expected


Apparently the last year I got the front flower bed weeded was 2020. Sigh. But I couldn't resist seeing what is left, and aparently the wire covers over the plants have protected them pretty well. About half of it is weeded and generally cleaned up. Most of the hosta clumps have actually grown.

I thinned the daffodils. I cut to the ground that rose I mostly hate. It will be back anyway, but it was so out of control I needed to just get it out of the way.

There are a couple of successes I'll show in more detail another day, but with the ground dark from a nice afternoon watering, it almost looks like a garden!
garden


The other big news is that Loren stopped by to help me get the mower on the trailer! Of course that turned out to be trickier than expected, but we got it done. It's delivered to be repaired. If it's going to cost too much, it may not be worth it... we shall see. An awful lot of big ticket needs lately.
lawnmower on trailer


I was going to take a hilly hike, but the day got away from me. I did get an appointment to get the car exhaust looked at, and I got the headlight fixed. Finally, I decided to walk to Betty's with some of the daffodil bulbs I promised her. Not very hilly, but not dead flat. Anyway, at least I took a 5-mile walk.

See More Garden Fun- 2017
See $10,000 Plan, $20 Budget - 2020

3 comments:

Ann said...

Good job on the flower bed. I need to get out and get some weeds pulled and dead leaves picked up.
I hate when large sums of money have to be paid out. I did too much of that last year and I'm hoping it won't start up again this year.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "I hope it doesn't cost too much to get the mower fixed! Those big expenses like to hide in the bushes and jump out at you when you least want or need them, don't they?"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it's really terrible!

Lulu- I'm just afraid we are going to have to get a new mower. And I thought I did such good shopping to get this one used. It had been very well cared for, but the part it needs is an expensive one.