Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, May 27, 2023

Yielding to Temptation


I spent all day at the vendor event in Ludington, and it was a busy day. The traffic was steady, the weather was great. I did well. That does mean that I'm pretty tired. Constant interactions with people. Another full day tomorrow.

Lots and lots of dogs at the event. I saw my first giant schnauzer. I didn't even know there was such a thing. There were two beautiful vizslas, always a favorite of mine because of Maggie. Two retired and rescued greyhounds were handsome and chill. They were much calmer than some I've known. Too many small dogs to count, and one puppy pug in its human's arms.

But what I'm going to share is that I gave in to temptation and bought a plant yesterday. I had to go to the garden section of the store to get a hose mender, and that was my downfall. I looked at plants, and that was "all she wrote." There was Brunnera, (Brunnera macrophylla) very reasonably priced, and one came home with me. This is the variety 'frostbite.' Supposedly, the deer won't touch these because the leaves are very rough. It's sometimes called Siberian bugloss or false forget-me-not (the flowers bloom in early spring and look a lot like forget-me-not). But it's usually grown for the leaves. Like hosta, there are many color variations. I know for a fact you can pay a lot more than I did for unusual varieties. But I can try out a bargain one in my garden. It's very pretty.
Brunnera frostbite


That's all that happened today. It was plenty for one day.

See Better Than Expected

1 comment:

Ann said...

Glad to hear you did well at the vendor event. I never heard of a giant schnauzer.
That's a nice looking plant. It will be interesting to see if it's true that deer will leave it alone