Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, May 21, 2023

More Gardening with Betty


Betty and I spent some more time together today. First we potted up a few more plants.
potted plants


Then we went out weeding in her big garden. Notice, please, that it has rabbit wire, and the lower half also has chicken wire fencing. This is why she can have nice plants and I can not. She also has decent dirt. I have sand and half sand.
fenced garden


They are about done, but here is the last of some beautiful dark magenta columbine.
columbine


And the most beautiful thing blooming curretly is a blue phlox.
blue phlox


This is probably all the time I'm going to have to spend over there for right now, but it sure has been fun.

I keep trying to get a picture of the red morning sun caused by the smoke from fires in Canada. It seemed as if I could even smell the smoke a few times. The sun looked much more red than this photo. And the power pole... well, it was there. I can't make either it or the sun move.


See Gardening with Betty

2 comments:

Ann said...

That fencing does make the difference. I stopped trying to grow vegies because the plants were getting eaten before they could grow.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- the critters are just voracious here.