Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 4, 2024

$0,000 Pyramid Game

 Remember the game show, $X,000 Pyramid? (It started at $10K, but went up to $100K before it died.) I liked it. Contestants had to name things that fit in a category and their partner had to guess the category. For example, the one player might say, "lasso, boots, spurs, horse." If the partner said "Things a cowboy would use," then they won that round and went on.

So here are your clues. You get $0,000 for winning.

First is: How to Hike the North Country Trail: not quite a Guide. These will be available starting at the Celebration, Aug 21. Cost $25.
box of books


Second Clue: NCT 8-state sampler patches. These will be available starting at the Celebration, Aug 21. You must have hiked some piece of trail in each of the eight NCT states. Honor system. Suggested minimum- one mile, but not a firm requirement. Cost $2 each.
embrodiered patch


Third Clue: Marie stained the wall beside her deck the same color as the deck and sent me a picture. Looks great!


Fourth Clue: my trip.

OK, that's all the clues I have. Sorry.

The category? Things that are finished! OK, I'm lying. The book still has some typos and technically will never be finished due to updates, but I wanted to be sure I had books for the Celebration, so there will an immediate update in about a month.

I mostly rested, but Cathy and I went for a short walk on the NCT because I needed to get a location of a particular place that needs work.

Miles hiked so far in 2024: 354.2. NCT miles hiked 109.3.

North Country Trail, Lake Co, MI. Timber Creek north 1.5 miles and back

See Sneak Peek

6 comments:

doug said...

Can you order the book after the celebration?

Ann said...

I was thinking the category would be things Joan did this year.

kim said...

I have the same question as Doug - I would love to buy a book!!! Is it possible?

Sharkbytes said...

Doug, Kim- You can get the book from me by mail after the Celebration. I am hopeful it will also be in bookstores.

Ann- close enough!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, our Dada agrees that books are never finished, you just decide to stop working on them for a while ..."
Lulu: "We like those patches! Dada seems especially pleased that the New York wedge is orange!"

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- hey! orange pushes some people's buttons.