Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Last Two of the Year?

 Are these the last two new rock garden plants of the year? Maybe. I bought these in New York, but I couldn't bring them back through Canada, so Marie transported them last week.

This is one I was hoping to find without needing to order it, and I did! It's Sempervivum sp 'Gold Nugget,' very much brighter yellow than the 'Gold Rush' I do have. It's one of the "Chick Charmer" series.
gold nugget sempervivum


Here is one I used to have, but it did not survive the long neglect. It's Sedum dasyphyllum, sometimes called Corsican Stonecrop. It looks larger and happier than the other one ever did. Hope it stays that way.
sedum dasyphyllum


The rock garden is looking good. I can't wait to see how much fills in next year, and I should be able to pull even more of the Bloody Cranesbill. It's just too dominating and aggressive.

Meanwhile, I managed to forget all about a meeting I was supposed to be in at 7pm. Grrr. I'm trying to finish an editing project and just got too focused on that.

Walked a mile through the cemetery this morning. Miles hiked so far in 2024: 381.4.

See Sedum Odds and Ends

3 comments:

Ann said...

Both plants look good. Hope the meeting you missed wasn't too important.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I'm loving these plants. Meeting was fairly important. Wish someone would have called me.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, sorry about your meeting! Humans are always joking about not wanting to go to meetings, but I have noticed they don't actually like to miss them ..."