Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Sedum Odds and Ends

 Two success stories and two not so much, today.

This is the SunSparkler 'Dazzleberry' that I ordered and got a tiny sprig of. It is growing slowly. Here's what it looks like now, and it's going to bloom.
sedum dazzleberry


This is what it looked like in June, so I guess there is a certain amount of success there. But it sure doesn't spread like some of the others.
Dazzleberry Sedum


I continue to be very happy with the SunSparkler 'Lime Twister.'
lime twister sedum


It was blooming at this time last year. I have it in two different places. It shows no sign of getting buds this year, but that's OK, I really like the foliage, and it spreads nicely.
lime twister sedum


I used to have a Sedum spurium 'John Creech.' It didn't do well. But I couldn't figure out why it didn't, so I bought another one this year. I split it into two places. I was looking good at the end of June. But when I got home from NY it was seriously chewed. I guess it's tasty. Again, the muncher has to be something small. But I think a little ground dweller has an inside door to the rock garden.


This is one of the tricolor Sedum spurium. I seem to have three different "kinds" (maybe developed by different nursuries) of the same variety. This one is the least successful. It refuses to collect itself into a space and just wants to ramble on and on and find the next place to get to. Pretty sure it will be "leaving" when I choose something better to fill that space.


And I won't even show you one of the Dianthus. It got seriously chewed last year, but was recovering and had some leaves. Now it is back down to nothing but stems. I guess if I want to keep that, it will have to be more than fenced but will need to be in hardware cloath prison.

I'm down to crunch time to get the program done that I'm working on for Celebration. Spent most of the day on that.

See Sorting Out Sedums

No comments: