Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

One Thing Fixed

 Well, I've been working on not being discouraged at the number of large projects there are to do here right now. Forget the small ones I was hoping to do. Gotta go with the crises. One of them is taken care of.

Our lovely on-demand water heater has to be flushed every year. They said that when it was installed, but I didn't quite appreciate what that meant. A little too complicated for me to do just from watching videos. Way too expensive to have done professionally every year. Anyway, it's flushed.

Notice the dirty water. He did two buckets like that. Now the hot water flows great again.
flushing a water heater


They gave us a "deal" because they installed it. Some deal. This is way to big a yearly expense for us. I will have to learn how to do it. I made extensive notes, but there are a lot of things to get right and valves to deal with, and...o

I am increasingly feeling like I am too old to try to take care of the upkeep on a house. The big projects keep pushing the small ones out of focus, and small things add up to crumbling infrastructure.

Other than that, I worked on the program I'm giving at the NCT Celebration and tried to get ready for this weekend at the Wild Blueberry Festival in the UP. I need to finish that because I'm being picked up at 8:30 in the morning.

See Hot Water

4 comments:

Ann said...

That does't sound like an easy job to do. I hate having to pay for things like that too.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ooh, we have one of those kinds of water heaters! It just got its complimentary flush the other day! At some point they will want to charge for it though. Our Dada has a pump and used to flush the old one that died, so when the free flushes stop he will probably try his hand at it again ..."

Lin said...

Oh, I didn't know they had to be flushed. I will tell Emma...she has one of those systems. I hope you can master it on your own. And if anyone can...it's you!

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, all... I'll get it under control, but not yet. Yeah, they need to be flushed every year!