Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Bye-Bye Blueberry

 The morning began with a little more rain and still a gray/silver Lake Superior.
lake superior


I made enough money that I treated myself to a piece of wild blueberry pie. They make and sell I-don't-know-how-many hundreds of pies for the event.


And by the end of the day, the lake had turned to blue!
lake superior


Bye-bye blueberry!
waving blue bear


Author friend Jean and I came to the festival together. She dropped me at my house a little before 10 pm, and she has 2 hours yet to drive to reach her house. But it worked really well to do this together even though her van was packed really solid. We knew we got along quite well, but this was a further test of that since we spent even more of our "off working hours" time together.

I sold out of several books, and this may be my best show ever. Only negative is that three full days is tough.

Tomorrow I have to leap into work mode since I am NOT ready for the upcoming NCTA Celebration this next weekend.

See Festival Fun

2 comments:

Ann said...

The pie looks delicious. Glad to hear you did so well.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, is that Blueberry Hill? Our Dada says he heard a rumor that thrills can be found there."