Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Work Day

 I think we have succeeded in tiring ourselves out.

In the morning, we went out and cleaned up my trail section. We trimmed stuff that was encroaching into the trail and I touched up blazes. Things should be good for a couple of months. There were four downed trees we could not get, but I've reported them to the sawyer folks.

No photos. I was just too slopped up with paint to mess with the camera more than necessary to take pics of the trees.

But in the afternoon, at long last, we finished the pantry project. I had just never gotten back to the final two shelves. Of course, I did clean up the entire living room and dining room before Steve came, but still, it's really nice to be able to say that the pantry is finished!
clean pantry


My buddies have to leave in the morning. We've had such a great time! One final picture of us from the Celebration. You should be able to tell, since the Mackinac Bridge is in the background. Oh, the things in our ears are for the walking tour we were on.
friends


It's been great! I have a few more goodies of things I've learned that I'll post over the next few days.

Miles hiked so far in 2024: 375.8. North Country Trail miles in 2024: 127.6

North Country Trail, Michigan, Freesoil TH to Koenig Rd, 3.0 miles

See One More Pantry Section

3 comments:

Ann said...

You got a lot done. Too bad they have to leave.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, that pantry is definitely better organized than ours is!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- we were really having a great time, but some things must end

Java- I worked hard to make that happen!