Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Green Peace

 
With Maggie gone, my double job work schedule, fast trips and what not, I haven't been going on many hikes. But tomorrow I am leading the monthly club hike, and I wanted to make sure the trail was clear and that I remembered all the turns.

Went to Bowman Lake and did the loop, fast. But even so, it was a lovely time. First the lake.

Bowman Lake loop

Then you take a trail up the west side of a ridge.

Bowman Lake loop

And come back down the other side on the North Country Trail. Bowman Lake is a glacial kettle hole, and there are two other dry holes to the north of it. They are both interesting ecosystems, and have remained open at the bottom even though they don't have water in them. This is looking down into one.

Bowman Lake loop

But I liked the time of day (early evening), and how green everything looked. Peaceful. I needed that.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

betchai said...

I think I have missed Maggie's passing away, so sorry to hear about that. I guess, I have not been here for a long time. :( Anyway, that first picture of the lake is so serene and beautiful. And yes, I like how green everything look.

vanilla said...

So that your friends can hike the trail once you walk it twice. You are a princess!

rainfield61 said...

I love the first picture.

Sharp and serene.

RNSANE said...

I know you must really miss Maggie when you are out on these lone hikes. Will you ever have another dog?