Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Ain't It Fun?


No. the answer is NO.

Today was one of those organizational puzzles. I needed ice cream and bread before I could have lunch. But I needed to go to Lowe's on the same trip as the grocery store. But I needed to take the downstairs toilet apart before I went to Lowe's to make sure I got the right size innards. And I needed to do a load of laundry, but not until the toilet is done because there are sure to be wet icky rags and towels. Did I want to do any of that?

No. the answer is NO.
bathroom with plumbing in process


Could I get the part I needed?

No. the answer is NO.

It turns out that the way the float valve attaches on this toilet is no longer the standard, and the part has been discontinued. I thought it was worth trying to jerry-rig a fix, but that isn't going to work. So now I have to go back to Lowe's and get the complete kit with the overflow pipe, take the tank off the toilet, yada, yada.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd fix the slow sink. It was also on the list. Took off the trap and cleaned it. Usually, I can just loosen the drain plug and pull it up far enough to clean out. The clog must be below that assembly. But I couldn't get that nut to loosen. I cleaned what I could, put it back together and am treating it with drain cleaner.

Did I do the laundry?

No. the answer is NO.

I will have to do that tomorrow whether the plumbing mess is ready or not.

Loretta comes on Tuesday, and I'll be hosting thru-hiker Bernie later in the week.

Yikes! I need to figure out even where 3 people can sit at one time. Sigh.

See The Only Plumbing Job that Ever Went Well

2 comments:

Ann said...

I hate days that go like that.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- yes, indeed