Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Fruit Country


I've been looking hard for the picture I wanted to show you, but either I've lost my mind (and only thought I took it), or it's disappeared. I've looked through 3 years of photos (from home- not the hike), twice, and I can't find it.

It was a picture of an older cherry-picking machine. You'll have to settle for these pictures I took today of a slightly newer cherry-picking machine.
cherry picking machine


This is the other side of a different machine, but the same type. I'm betting that if you don't live or visit in fruit country, you don't know how these work.
cherry picker


Well, the reason I decided to share these at this time is because Mason County Press took some drone footage of a very new machine. Even though I knew how cherries were picked this video is mind-blowing because I'd never seen it from this angle, and the new machines are actually attractive.



P.S. They are also called a cherry shaker!

I visited another beautiful garden today, so those pictures will be in your future too.

I managed to work some on most projects, but I had some running around to do, and it was humid.

See Where the North Begins and the Fine Fruit Grows

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Ooh, our Dada sometimes has to do something called 'cherry-picking' for the computer programs he writes, but I don't think he uses one of these machines ..."

The Furry Gnome said...

I've seen a machine like that for picking olives. Amazing.

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- Ha! It's interesting how expressions evolve, but no, not the same at this point in time

Stew- Now that is interesting. Makes sense though.