Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Scottville Senior Center Program


Today began the first of the in-person programs following my second hike of the NCT. I actually am using part of the previous program with updated maps and slides, but that way it incorporates both of my trail experiences. It was a fun group with some trail people there, and some "new" people, and a couple of friends I haven't seen for a long time.
woman giving a program to a small group


Bill Kerans is on the right- he is the director of the Senior Center. Trail friend, Ada, is on the left, but she also is the Activities Director for the Center. Behind us is one of the many lovely quilts displayed.
friends


They couldn't stop thanking me for coming, but seriously, I love giving programs about the North Country Trail. If anyone would like me to come to your area, my fee is reasonable, and sometimes travel expenses can be combined with some other trip. My next program is in Interlaken, NY, on September 9. Contact me if you are interested.

I just have to include this. Someone has arranged the kids' bookshelf by book color! This is exactly how Marie thinks it ought to be done, so I had to chuckle.
bookshelf arranged by color


I didn't get a lot else done, but I did start getting ready for the workshop I'm leading at the NCTA Celebration in the Adirondacks.

See Background Fun

3 comments:

Ann said...

Arranging those books by color is fine but then they have to be arranged by size in each color group. That is what my OCD brain tells me

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Interlaken! Not far from Mama and Dada's old stomping grounds!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- you are right!

Lulu- I KNOW... I wish your Dada and you and Bean and the kittees did not live so far away. We really need to meeet.