Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Got My NCT Shirt


The NCTA has not offered a cotton shirt for quite a long time. Polyester and my skin are not friends. So, I've been wearing the same shirts that get older and older. Loren gave me a couple of the last ones they had in cotton which I mended and am still wearing. But I've been hounding the trail shop folks, and they came through with a great design. Every year, the National Park Service gives out bandanas with a different design, and this was one of the most popular of all. It's now on a shirt. And I now have one!
north country trail t-shirt


But the shirt costs way more than I usually pay for clothes, and the shipping was high too.

So, someone from Lowell offered to go to the office and get my shirt. She was coming to Ludington this weekend anyway and wanted to meet me. Here's my new friend, Jodie.
friends


She thinks my hike was something, but I'm here to tell you she is here to participate in a mini-triathlon tomorrow. Mini or not, I'm impressed.

We met south of the breakwall where there are way fewer people than in Stearns Park. It was a good quiet place to visit. The day was lovely. You can see that we even wanted light jackets- quite a breeze coming off the lake. I hope that settles down for their competition tomorrow.


Other than that, I mowed some grass and worked on my program. I'll do a second post about Roundup in a few days.

See last Ludington walk

2 comments:

Ann said...

I like the design on the shirt. Nice of her to deliver it for you.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- she wanted to meet me, so it was win-win!