Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Not Easy!

 I hadn't worked on a jigsaw puzzle in almost a month! But Cathy and I started this one over a week ago, but it was much harder than we expected, and we didn't finish.

I went over there Friday, but we still didn't finish. That's saying something. It's only 500 pieces, and we are both good puzzlers. But the pieces are cut so that lots of times more than one piece would fit in a certain place, particularly the edge. On Friday, we had fewer than 50 pieces to put in, but I was out of time. I like challenging puzzles like this. Cathy- not so much.

I went over today, and we got it done. (And worked on another easier one Cathy had going on another table.)
North Country Trail butterfly puzzle


This is more than just a random puzzle. For several years, the North Country Trail Association was commissioning artists to create things they could use on various items- like t-shirts, patches, stickers, etc. And this one was made into a puzzle. What does it have to do with the trail, you ask?

The inside edge of the butterfly wing is an approximate map of the trail.
north country trail puzzle


Not seeing it? Here is the trail line.
north country trail map


I did some formatting for someone else, and then did 150 miles of campsites! I might do a bit more cleanup formatting on my book yet tonight.

See Magnificent Ocean Puzzle

4 comments:

Ann said...

What a cool puzzle that is. Especially after hearing that it's an approximate map of the trail

The Furry Gnome said...

Good match!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann and Stew- Fun! And I had to wait a few years to be able to get one.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "A trail map puzzle! Very clever! If you need any help with puzzles in the future, just give us a call. And by 'help' of course I mean knocking pieces around the table and floor ..."