Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Entrelac

entrelac knitting

I've been learning a new knitting technique called entrelac. You knit sections by increasing and decreasing and picking up stitches so it ends up looking like woven strips.

It's simple but tedious. And this is the wrong yarn to show it off. It looks really nice in an ombre yarn where the sections of color are long enough to make the blocks mostly one color.

I suspect I'll rip this out and save this yarn for something else.


if you like this blog, click the +1  

7 comments:

gallerydarrow said...

ooooo, that's pretty!

spinninglovelydays said...

That's so cool! It really does look woven.

Ann said...

that is very cool. It's a good thing I don't know how to knit or I would be adding yet another item to my list of things to try.

Rick (Ratty) said...

The word entrelac was different enough for me to become interested. I'll never know much about knitting, but I've always loved watching it done in the background. Comfort.

Reena said...

Very cool ... I never learned.

betchai said...

beautiful pattern Sharkbytes, sounds complicated to me, but glad you have eye for details such as this, beautiful work.

Sharkbytes said...

ro- I hope to find yarn that shows the pattern better

Ivy- I like it a lot

Ann- I should come teach you!

Ratty- It is a comforting type of thing to do. I never thought of it being comforting to someone watching. I like it!

Reena- to knit? or just entrelac?

betchai- just a lot of keeping track of where you are and turning the piece a LOT