Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Oak and Maple

 
white oak

I've been spending most of my time for the past few days writing. I've been on a roll, and want to take advantage of it. I am liking the way Paddy Plays in Dead Mule Swamp is going so far. I think it has a lot more depth than the first one, without being a difficult read. That just means I haven't been thinking about nice pictures outside very much. But I have these two pictures of trees from the past couple of weeks. They sing to me!

The one above is a white oak, and the one below is a maple.

 
maple

Oh yes, I also started the second monkey.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

5 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Trees in the winter are so naked.

Ann said...

so there's a lot of monkey business going on there then huh ?....lol

Bathroom Vanity Cabinets said...

Really these trees without leaves are dead. However some leaves can be still seen on the oak tree.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi BVC- Not dead at all. It's winter here. Deciduous trees lose their leaves in winter and grow new ones in the spring! Come back Sept-Nov and see the lovely colors the leaves turn in the fall.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- how did I miss your comment? Sorry! Yes, they are naked, but they have a beauty all their own during that time of rest.