Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Swish, Glide? Clomp Clomp

 
With the predicted snow for today I was kinda psyched about having a good day of skiing, even if it didn't last much more than the weekend. And I awoke to a white wonderland. So far so good!


snow on trees

So, time for the morning outing. I put on the skis, and headed for my first little hill. By the time I pushed my way to the bottom (yes, you read that right), I knew I'd be walking back.

Have you ever tried to walk on skis that have snowballs attached to the bottom? Have you ever tried to walk on can stilts with no ropes to hold on to, with long sticks between your feet and the cans? Have you filled the cans with cement?

The snowballs grow with each step, too.

messy ski tracks

Yes, those are SKI tracks. I should have made a snowman.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

5 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Skiing, snowman, snow ball...

So far are all in my dream.

gallerydarrow said...

Hmmmm, sounds like a workout!

betchai said...

i hear ya Sharkbytes, indeed, we spend more energy in the snow, the place becomes heavenly when it is covered with white.

jeanlivingsimple said...

I have never done that. It does appears like a great workout!

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- better wear a warm coat to bed!

ro- it gets you exercise, really fast

betchai- I don't mind that it's harder, but this type of exercise isn't fun

Jean- not my choice of workout!