Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Removing Word Verification

This is not the regular daily post... just a side note. The new Blogger word verification is SO terrible I am choosing to remove it and see how bad the spam is. I'd rather do that than lose commenters or readers.

5 comments:

Lin said...

I did the same thing, Sharkey. I set my comments to be moderated after 2 days and I seem to be catching the spam that way. They like to bury their spam in old posts, so it seems to be working.

Isn't the new WV awful??? Why would they think this is an improvement?

Dick Stone said...

I am going to have to check out the new word verification, I have not seen it yet. I know I frequently have a lot of issues with some of the captcha figures out there. Tough on my aging eyes sometimes

john bain said...

I have done this too. I think.

betchai said...

I don't use word verification, but so far, I have no problems with spam, they all go to my spam comments. I do check once a while my spam comments though, since sometimes, some of my regular commenters comments go there.

Ann said...

I was here yesterday and felt guilty about not leaving a comment but I could not read that word verification for nothing and gave up. Glad to see you took it off. I was worried about my status for top commenter....lol