If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just a Walk Along the Pere Marquette

 
I'm just a vitamin D junkie- when the sun shines I have to go out! I even got Om to go with me today by agreeing to a short walk. So I chose the loop at Scottville Riverside Park.

Pere Marquette River

The sun shining on a bend made everything all sparkly! When we finished the loop I looked back the other way, and had this nice view.

Pere Marquette River

I thought the bleached vines growing on the barberry made a pretty design.

Japanese barberry

That's it... just a nice day.

See Walking and Writing for more on the barberry
if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

betchai said...

that is a beautiful lake picture

vanilla said...

What a wonderful setting for a Sunday walk!

vanilla said...

What a wonderful setting for a Sunday walk!

gallerydarrow said...

It looks lovely, so glad the sun was shining for you. The barberry is stunning!!

Casey said...

I have been lacking vitamin D also, and fixed that with a nice walk yesterday. Thank you for sharing the sights!

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- it's just a wide place in the river. It looks very calm, like a lake, but there is such a strong deep current that it is posted "No Swimming"

vanilla- it's only a short drive from my house, and short enough of a walk that sometimes I can get Om to go to... my preferred version of the Sunday Drive!

ro- the barberry is a terrible invasive, but it really is pretty

Casey- I don't know how the "recommended" 30 min a week is adequate!!! Nice to see you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin