Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Back to Fundamentals

 
We have three strapping machines at work. We need two that are operating to work efficiently. For the past week, we've had one (our least favorite) that was running. That ended last night. Now we have none.

Back to fundamentals. It's called a bale of twine.

tying a bundle of newspapers

tying a bundle of newspapers

As I said to Alicia, "Can you tie a square knot?"

person with mouth open

Actually, I think this was an accidental selfie while she was taking the above pictures. She'll probably shoot me for using it.

She wasn't appalled at all. I showed her how to tie a square knot that won't slip, and in two seconds she understood. Alicia's no slouch.

As I said, "Can you tie a square knot?"

See Our Favorite Strapper
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm pretty sure I can :)

The Furry Gnome said...

Sure hope they get one of those machines fixed fast!

Secondary Roads said...

But can you tie a whatnot? Probably wouldn't hold the bundles together very well. So forget it.