Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, March 24, 2017

It's a Squirrel

 
The critters are becoming a bit more active. Even though spring seems slow, they know it will arrive.

On the day I went to Hardy Dam I saw squirrels, turkeys, deer and a grouse. Yesterday there was a herd of robins in the yard. There are birds actually singing at sunrise. That's nice to wake up to.

But the only picture I have is a squirrel.

gray squirrel

Friday and Friday night are the long stretch at work. But I did get a short break this afternoon. Because the paper has not been able to replace the delivery person yet (one guy hired Tuesday afternoon, and he quit Wednesday afternoon), I got to walk a bundle of papers to an apartment complex three blocks away.

On the way, this little one warily made sure he knew where I was as I passed his tree.

See Playful Squirrels
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

Maybe he was curious about whether or not he was in the news.

Secondary Roads said...

Wildlife is wildlife. That squirrel is a curious creature.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay i -- skwirrel!!! skwirrel!!! skwirrel!!! ummm sorry i forgot wot i wuz going to say!!! ok bye