Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

An Accidental Experiment

 
It's spring, right? I wanted to make rhubarb muffins. But apparently, I've forgotten how to read. I didn't put in nearly the correct amount of sugar. So, the experimental part was, "Are they edible?" The answer is yes, although Om thinks they need some jelly (like strawberry) to make them less tart. Me? They do need a little more sugar than I put in, but I learned that the amount the recipe calls for could be cut back a LOT. I like these muffins, but always thought they were awfully sweet. That will be fixed next time, with an amount in between the two extremes.

rhubarb muffins

In other news: I worked on hike food, including a trip to the store (ugh) to get a bunch of ingredients. Tomorrow, I get serious. I also did some more weeding. I think I could almost stay home and just play in the dirt this summer. Social distancing from the human race sounds A-OK. But I'm fairly certain I'll be ready to take a hike in about 2 weeks!

See Garden, Eggs, Muffins

1 comment:

Ann said...

Muffins sound good and even better with less sugar.