Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 3, 2023

A Christmas-y Walk with Cathy


Cathy and I decided on Thursday that we'd walk this afternoon. But then we had a bit of a communication snafu, so we didn't actually get together until later than might have been best. That wouldn't be any big deal in the summer, but it matters when it gets dark so early.

We ended up just walking around town which was fine. That also avoided walking in the very wet new snow and mud which would be the case on natural surfaces. We caught a few Christmas decorations, and this one caught us.
reflection in large christmas ball


I liked the baby polar bear catching a ride on a parent.
polar bear Christmas decor


We got a kick out of this mini snowman.
small snowman


And it always makes me smile to find randomly decorated branches or trees. This was in a park- someone just hung out a large ornament.
large Christmas ornament


We walked about 4 miles. I really needed the exercise.

In other news: I edited, I worked an hour on the pantry, I did my accounts from yesterday, I wrote about 500 words. Last night I was really tired and achy. Tonight is better.

See Let the Christmas Dogs Begin

2 comments:

Ann said...

Fun finds out on your walk. I like the polar bears. How cute to find the little snowman on the bench.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- another friend posted a picture of the same snowman today. That was a definite hit.