Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Puzzles- Two for Me, One for You


Here was my Christmas puzzle. 750 pieces, called "Kitten Diversion." I didn't finish it on the 25th because I ended up spending more time on family stuff, but that was fine. I completed it last night.
jigsaw puzzle kittens and fish tank


Also, Om had ordered this one for me, but it didn't arrive until today. It has nice wood pieces with very intricate cuts. If you look closely, you'll see pieces shaped like bees, fish, a dragonfly, and an octopus.
wood jigsaw puzzle pieces


Some of these actually had faces cut into the converse.
jigsaw puzzle pieces in animal shapes


This was supposed to be a very difficult puzzle. Um, well, Om said, "At least it took you longer than five minutes." No matter. It was a lot of fun just because it's so different. The swirly colors were intriguing, and I loved seeing how the animal shapes fit into the overall picture. Most of the interlocking places were little spirals. This has to be lasar cut, and although they look very much alike, of course, like almost any puzzle, there is only one match between a spiral and its spiral cutout. And what does it end up as? A beautiful psychedelic rabbit! The fact that it's a shaped puzzle was also interesting.
rabbit jigsaw puzzle


Also, just before Christmas, I did the one that Marie and I did at her friend Ellen's house. She gave that one to me. It was fun, but I'd done it too recently. I remembered where everything went, and that made it too easy. That one is linked below if you want to see it.

I seem to really be on a puzzle jag. How I'd really like to spend the evening is to go get out another puzzle!

Now, here's the puzzle for you. How did I spend the meaningful part of my day? (Apart from grocery shopping, errands, cleaning the kitchen from yesterday, blah, blah.) Here's your clue.
making marmalade


Puzzle or work? That's the next puzzle for the evening.

See Small Seasonal Joys
See Having a Blast with Ellen

3 comments:

Ann said...

That first puzzle is nice but that second one is really fascinating. I've seen puzzles with shaped pieces that matched the theme of the puzzle but this one is really spectacular.
All I can think of for the oranges is orange marmalade.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "A puzzle with cats on it?"
Chaplin: "How appropriate, since we cats would love to bat around the pieces!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- you are 100% right on all counts

C&C- it's cat TV in full color