Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 22, 2023

Small Seasonal Joys

  I wasn't sure I would have time to play, but I got in some good work time, so I met up with Loren late afternoon and we took a decent walk around the Ludington School Forest.
hikers in the woods


I've managed to do two smallish jigsaw puzzles in the past week. This one is called Nantucket Breeze. Quite easy, but the pictures are so much fun that they are enjoyable.
Nantucket Breeze jigsaw puzzle


Then I wanted another, so I got out a favorite. This is only 300 pieces, but it's a little harder than some puzzles of that size. This is the third or fourth time I've done it. It's called Berry Sweet Bunny. I think I got it for under a dollar at a rummage sale.
Berry Sweet Bunny jigsaw puzzle


A little bit of crafting makes me happy. This was my second attempt at a cardboard roll snowflake.
making a snowflake from a cardboard roll


It turned out OK. Not great. I thought I was going to like these more than I do. Maybe I need to do a few more to improve my techniques. You may remember I made a different one last week. I think they would be fine on a large tree from a distance.
cardboard roll snowflake


And, I've had a tiny Christmas mystery here. At night, out the east windows, there has been a tower of light that I couldn't identify. The only thing I could think of was lights on the Scottville water tower stem, but it didn't seem in quite the right place. In the daytime, I couldn't see anything where this tower is.
lighted tower


So, coming home from my walk today, I stopped at the store for the last of the Christmas groceries and then went in search of this tower. By then it was dusk and it was lit. Ha! Turns out it's a "new" tower behind the internet provider that went in about a half mile from us. And it has a star!
tower with lights and a star


I edited hard today. We are all set for a laid-back Christmas. Maybe Josh will come over, maybe not. I have stuff for a meal, and I plan to do another puzzle. So there!

Various trails in Ludington School Forest. About 3 miles

See It's Been a Lotta Years Since...

5 comments:

Ann said...

I like your snowflake. Nice way to recycle the cardboard rolls.
Mystery solved on the lights.

Dani Gibbings McGaw said...

Your snowflakes are great Joan! I wish I had any kind of crafting talent. If I tried that it would look like a Kindergarten kid did it. Lol

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- if you look closely, you'll find the mistake I made which is why it was making me nuts!

Dani- Well, the seams in the rolls don't lend themselves to nice outcomes, kindergartner or adult.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Merry Christmas!"
Java Bean: "¡Feliz navidad!"
Charlee: "We don't have jigsaw puzzles to knock around OR ornaments to knock down. Sadly cheated this holiday season, we are."

Sharkbytes said...

Java and Charlee- yeah, you guys sure have it rough. Hahahahaha