Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Gray and Black for Christmas?



I went for a walk today before bell practice in the Ludington School Forest, and then along some streets. The gray squirrels were not wearing little Christmas sweaters, but I suppose they can be forgiven.
gray squirrel


He was playing with his cousin the black squirrel. These are all the same kind of squirrel, just a different color morph. No sweater on him either!
black squirrel


I decided to do part of the walk on streets to try to find some more nice Christmas decorations. I guess this part of town likes to keep things understated (it's a nice section). Almost everything was confined to subtle wreaths or a string or two of lights. However, I did find one Santa walking his dog. These inflatable decorations are not my favorite, but it's one of the two things of interest I found.


This was the best. There was a line of these stars along a porch edge. I am not sure what these are made of, and they have fewer points, but they are similar to the Polish Porcupine Balls I made a number of years ago.
christmas star decor


In other news: I edited, I did a minimal amount on the pantry, I had bell practice, and I did a bit on a Christmas craft for this year. You'll probably get to see that later.

3 miles, Ludington School Forest and streets

See White Polish Porcupine Ball

3 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "I know Dennis had his run-ins with Santa in the past but if Santa is walking a dog he can't be all bad, right?"

Ann said...

Maybe those squirrels are waiting until the ugly sweater contest to get dressed.
I'm not a fan of the blow up decorations either. I do like those stars though.

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- probably this is a good Santa, although he was awfully big,

Ann- that must be it! The contest has not started yet.