Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Concert at St. Joseph's 2023


Tonight was the big concert at the St. Joseph's Church in Hart with the West Shore Choir and our handbell choir. The church is always packed, so I took a picture of the choir practicing ahead of time. Usually, the choir is up in the loft at the back of the church. It was really crowded with all of us in the front, but it was nice because I really like to be able to see the singers. It was also easier for the people who are in both choirs!

What with Covid, and then me being gone the last two years, it's been since 2019 since I was there for a concert.
choir


Om took a few pictures of the bell choir playing, but with the full church there are a lot of heads in the way. At least in this snippet you can actually see that I'm playing a bell!
handbell choir


They always have this large nativity set up.
large creche


I helped load all the bells and equipment up, unload it, and then load it up again. It's a lot of work to make these concerts happen. Not very many of the people can actually lift the bell cases, and I can, so I like to be able to do what I can. At least we didn't have to go unload the stuff yet tonight. The people whose cars are filled with drop the bells off sometime tomorrow.

They are making a DVD of tonight's concert. And it was a really good one, so I'm hoping the recording turns out good.

Other than that, mostly I concentrated on editing today. I'm trying to finish a project.

See 2019 St Joseph's Concert

2 comments: