Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 8, 2023

P-P-P-P-Play Day


Today was nearly 100% fun. Because the weather was so nice, Cathy and I went out to my section of trail and did PRUNING. OK, so technically, this was work. But it didn't feel much like it. We took loppers and pruners and cut back small branches that were intruding into the trail.
person trimming small branches along a trail


Then we went to Cathy's house and had PIZZA and POP for lunch. This was a super treat for me. She ordered my half with all my favorite toppings. I looked back in the blog and it appears the last time I had that favorite pizza was in 2018. So, yum...
pizza


Then we spent the afternoon doing a jigsaw PUZZLE. It turns out this is the same one we finished together in January! But my brain was so fogged then (I was just off the trail for the winter break in my hike) that I didn't even remember doing it. We got the first parts together so fast that this was as early as I thought to take a picture.
jigsaw puzzle


I forgot to time it exactly- and who cares anyway? But it is 550 pieces and we had it done in a little over 2 hours.
jigsaw puzzle


OK, I did one more necessary thing. I bought groceries on the way home from her house. But there is a 5th P. The day was PERFECT. Tomorrow, it's back to work.

North Country Trail, Freesoil TH north for 1.5 miles and back for a total of 3 miles

See Emerging

3 comments:

PamDDO said...

What I need to know is: how can two (or more) people work on a jigsaw at the same time? I have enough trouble squinting closely at the pieces then pulling back to take in the big picture. Aren’t you always grabbing for the same pieces?
Pam

Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me. That pizza looks so good.

Sharkbytes said...

Pam- it took me years to learn how. As an only, I never had to share with anyone. It was mostly a case of me getting over needing to find every piece. When I do puzzles with certain friends, we sort of stake out sections. "I'll work on this red stuff, and you can do the edges." Or the sky, or the whatever.

Ann- it was heavenly!