Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Nativity Scene Goes Up


The last time I set up the nativity scene was 2019, when I did a rather modern interpretation. That's in a link below. It looked better in real life. The camera picked up the lights much too brightly.

Anyway, this year, I ordered some glittery stuff from Amazon for the backdrop. When it arrived, it wasn't AT ALL what I thought I was getting, and I didn't like it enough to change my mind and use it. So I had to start over from square one. What I ended up with isn't too inspired, but I kept adding stuff, and it's going to have to do.

As always, I'll remind you that these pieces come from my mother's childhood, in the 1910s. And, that the "rule" (made by me as a child, but it's a RULE) is that it has to be different every time it's set up.
creche


In other news: I wasn't feeling very motivated, but I edited, I worked on the pantry, and I did this.

See 2019 Nativity
See all posts featuring our nativity set

4 comments:

Ann said...

That's the one down side to ordering online. It doesn't always look like what you thought it would.
I need to get my nativity set out and set it up. It requires digging that I haven't felt like doing. I like the way yours is here.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it's such a crap shoot, but I can't get a lot of things here. That said, we are going to have a Hobby Lobby very soon.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "Hmm, I wonder why we never have a Nativity set up. I know for a fact that Mama and Dada have some Nativity pieces from Lenox."
Lulu: "Why do you want the Nativity set up?"
Chaplin: "So I can knock the pieces over and off the table. Oh, wait ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Lulu- tell Mama and Dada that plexiglas boxes might deter Chaplin and that other C.